Design, questionnaire and results of the European opinion poll conducted in 2013 across 31 European countries
Opinion poll design
- Universe: Full-time, part-time and self-employed workers aged 18+ with usual country of residence and in the respective language
- Sample: Representative sample in each of the 31 participating European countries
- Method of data collection: CATI (Computer-Assisted Telephone Interviews) across 26 countries. In Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Malta, Romania and Slovakia interviews were conducted face to face
- Sample size: 16,622 interviews across Europe (approximately 500 per country except in Liechtenstein with 200 interviews conducted)
- Fieldwork period: 23th November 2012 to 05th February 2013
- How likely, if at all, do you think it is that there will be a higher proportion of people aged over 60 working at your own workplace in 2020?
- On balance, do you think older workers tend to… than other workers?
- Take more time off work due to illness
- Have more accidents at work
- Be less productive at work
- Be less able to adapt to changes at work
- Suffer more from work-related stress
- Do you think that programmes or policies should be introduced at your workplace to make it easier for workers to continue working up to or beyond retirement age if they wish to do so?
- Which, if any, of the following do you think are the most common causes of work-related stress nowadays?
- Hours worked or workload
- Limited opportunity to manage own work patterns
- Lack of clarity on roles and responsibilities
- Being subject to unacceptable behaviours such as bullying or harassment
- Job reorganisation or job insecurity
- Lack of support to fulfil your role from colleagues or superiors
- How common, if at all, are cases of work-related stress in your workplace?
- How well, if at all, do you think the control of work-related stress is handled in your workplace?
Download the results
Pan-European poll 2013 press kit
Pan-European opinion poll on occupational safety and health 2013 from European Agency for Safety and Health at Work - EU-OSHA
- Belgium NL Belgium FR
- Czech Republic
- Switzerland DE Switzerland FR Switzerland IT
- United Kingdom