In Belgium, safety, health and well-being at work fall within the competence of the Minister for Employment and its administration, the Federal Public Service Employment, Labour and Social Dialogue. The Belgian Focal Point is coordinated and managed by this administration.
The Focal Points works especially in close collaboration with The Directorate-General for Humanisation of Labour, within this administration. This Directorate-General is responsible for regulatory affairs and takes care of the dialogue with social partners and the promotion of well-being at work. The labour inspection "Supervision of Well-being at Work" is also part of this administration and controls the compliance with occupational safety, health and well-being standards.
The mission of the Belgian Focal Point consists of:
- managing and coordinating a national tripartite network with all stakeholders in the framework of occupational safety and health (OSH),
- collect all relevant information on OSH with a special focus on good practices,
- actively contributing to EU-OSHA's management plan,
- disseminate all relevant information from EU-OSHA to the network,
- running the European campaign,
- encouraging and facilitating joint actions between different stakeholders to improve OSH in SMEs,
- developing and promoting sectoral national OiRA tools in Belgium,
- setting up cross-border cooperation to promote good practices and support prevention projects.
Get to know everything about occupation well-being at work in Belgium on the website of the Belgian knowledge center on occupational well-being (BeSWIC): http://www.beswic.be/
The labour inspection "Supervision of Well-being at Work". They control the compliance with occupational safety, health and well-being standards.
“If you are looking for information on labour law issues (e.g. employment contracts) then please see the website of The Belgian labour inspection "Supervision of the Social Laws"
We are unable to address any such issues.