OSH Barometer data visualisation tool
This tool is the official source of information on the status of and trends in occupational safety and health (OSH) in European countries.
Explore and compare EU and individual country data on a wide range of topics.
Generic information: Find information on OSH authorities, economic and sector profiles and workforce profiles.
Steering of OSH: Check out countries’ approaches to OSH strategies and social dialogue on workplace safety and health.
OSH outcomes: Learn about, for example, accidents at work, working conditions, workers’ representation and workers’ perceptions of health.
OSH infrastructure: Find out more about countries’ OSH statistics, surveys and research capacities and how the countries enforce OSH legislation.
Using the data visualisation tool
Use the tool to visualise and compare quantitative data. Find descriptions and links to further information for qualitative data.
The tool allows you to:
- view the main indicators as infographics
- compare indicators between two countries or compare an individual country with the EU
- generate and download graphics or export them as Excel files
- download detailed country reports or reports on specific topics, e.g. on national strategies
- share content directly on social media
The data come from government sources, statistical authorities and European surveys and research:
- European Commission Directorate-General for Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion (DG EMPL)
- Eurofound - European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions
- Senior Labour Inspectors Committee
- EU-OSHA – European Agency for Safety and Health at Work
- DG EMPL - National Contact points
About the OSH Barometer
The Barometer is the product of collaboration between EU-OSHA, DG EMPL and its National Contact Points. Find out more about the methodology.
The tool is kept updated and under review for further development.