Careers at EU-OSHA are open to nationals of the 27 European Union Member States plus Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway (parties of the EEA agreement).
EU-OSHA is an equal opportunity employer. We consider candidates for employment without distinction on the grounds of gender, colour, racial, ethnic or social origin, genetic features, language, religion or belief, political or any other opinion, membership of a national minority, property, birth, disability, nationality, age, sexual orientation or gender identity.
EU-OSHA’s data protection statement on Selection and Recruitment Procedures: BG - CS - DA - DE - EL - EN - ES - ET - FI - FR - HR - HU - IS - IT - LT - LV - MT - NL - NO - PL - PT - RO - SK - SL - SV
The working and contractual conditions of EU-OSHA staff are based on the Staff Regulations (SR) and the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Communities (CEOS).
The staff engaged by the Agency are mainly Temporary Agents and Contract Agents.
Temporary Agent posts are classified according to the nature and importance of the duties required in:
- Administrators- function group (AD): comprises twelve grades from AD 5 to AD 16 corresponding to technical, administrative, advisory, linguistic and scientific duties
- Assistants- function group (AST): comprises eleven grades from AST 1 to AST 11 corresponding to executive, technical and clerical duties
EU-OSHA Decision on Engagement of Temporary Agents
The duration of contracts for Contract Agents varies according to the needs of the Agency.
Contract Agent posts are classified in four function groups corresponding to the duties and responsibilities involved:
- Function group IV: comprises six grades corresponding to administrative, advisory, linguistic and equivalent technical tasks
- Function group III: comprises five grades corresponding to executive tasks, drafting, accountancy and other equivalent technical tasks
- Function group II: comprises four grades corresponding to clerical and secretarial tasks, office management and other equivalent tasks
- Function group I: comprises three grades corresponding to manual and administrative support service tasks
Contract Agents whose contract is concluded for a duration of at least one year are required to serve the following probationary periods. If the duration of the contract is less than twelve months, Contract Agents may be exempted from the requirement to serve a probationary period.
EU-OSHA Decision on Engagement of Contract Agents