Guide published by the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) in 2016 explaining the basic packaging and information requirements for chemicals.
The REACH and the CLP Regulations contain stipulations on the labelling, packaging and provision of information on chemicals. Users of chemicals in the workplace can make use of this information to assess the risks and take appropriate measures.
This guide informs users of chemicals in the workplace how to make use of the classification and labelling information they receive from their suppliers. The guide contains five chapters:
- classification: how chemicals are classified, how to find information on the classification and what users can do if they receive different classifications from different suppliers;
- the information and symbols on a chemicals label;
- basic packaging requirements;
- checking information: what to check in labels and safety data sheets and how to communicate with suppliers;
- an overview of the relevant legislation.
Published by: European Chemicals Agency (ECHA)
Publication date: 2016
Number of pages: 22 pp.
Available in languages