The guideline, developed by the working group for emerging risks (WG EMEX) of the Senior Labour Inspectors’ Committee (SLIC), is aimed at helping national labour inspectorates to develop inspection procedures for addressing the quality of risk assessments and risk management measures with regard to musculoskeletal disorders.
The guide is subdivided in chapters on:
- the legal requirements with regard to MSDs;
- a general perspective on MDSs (definitions, work-related risk factors, examples, consequences);
- the process of risk assessment of MSDs (steps and methods);
- examples of good practices and
- how to carry out an inspection using a preventive approach to psychosocial risks.
The guide can also be useful for employers, workers' representatives and OSH specialists for developing or improving their risk management of MDSs.
- Published by: Senior Labour Inspectors Committee (SLIC)
- Publication date: October 2018
- Number of pages: 33 pp.