The Recommendation aims to improve safety and health of self-employed workers, the Member States should:
- promote the prevention of occupational accidents and diseases of self-employed workers,
- choose appropriate measures (legislation, incentives, information campaigns, encouragement of relevant stakeholders) for safety and health promotion,
- carry out measures to provide information and advice on the prevention of accidents and diseases,
- take the measures for the access to sufficient training,
- support easy access to that information and training without excessive expenses for the self-employed workers,
- provide measures for the access to health surveillance.
Available in languages