The Healthy Workplaces Campaign 2018-19
The objectives of the campaign are:
- To raise awareness of the importance of preventing risks from dangerous substances, helping to dispel common misunderstandings.
- To promote risk assessment by providing information on practical tools and creating opportunities to share good practices, focusing specifically on:
- eliminating or substituting dangerous substances in the workplace
- the hierarchy of prevention measures (i.e. following the hierarchy outlined in legislation so that the most effective type of measure is always selected).
- To heighten awareness of risks linked to exposures to carcinogens at work by supporting the exchange of good practices; EU-OSHA is a signatory to the covenant committing to the EU Carcinogens Roadmap.
- To target vulnerable groups of workers by providing tailored information as well as examples of good practices. These groups include:
- migrant workers
- young people
- workers at increased risk because of the sector or job they work in
- temporary workers and workers in the informal economy.
- To increase knowledge of the strong legislative framework that is already in place to protect workers, as well as highlighting policy developments.