The database INFOCARQUIM is a tool that provides information on the following topics:
- the classification of dangerous carcinogens and mutagens;
- the uses and applications of such agents;
- possible alternatives for each agent in relation to their specific use, when known;
- tumours related to each agent and their different degrees of certainty according to current scientific knowledge;
- any quantitative production and marketing data that can be collected.
INFOCARQUIM currently provides information on carcinogenic, mutagenic and reprotoxic substances of categories 1A and 1B according to the new European classification, labelling and packaging (CLP) of chemical substances (formerly 1st and 2nd category according to RD363/1995). The database is designed to be used by different users, such as occupational risk prevention technicians (industrial hygienists), medical assistants (primary care, specialists, occupational physicians, etc.), medical epidemiologists and any other professionals associated with the prevention of occupational hazards, and employers or workers who wish to find information on a specific carcinogen or mutagen.