Spain – Workshop ‘A step forward against hazardous substances’
Opplysninger om aktiviteten
This event aims to raise awareness of work-related health and safety risks and the importance of building a strong culture of prevention to eliminate hazards related to dangerous substances in companies across Spain.
Speakers present an analysis of the current situation around chemical agents, carcinogens and mutagens in the workplace and discuss the potential link between chemical substances and occupational cancer. Additionally, they introduce practical measures that can be implemented to minimise exposure to carcinogens and ensure safe working environments.
Speakers also present the situation in the beauty industry, explaining that the equipment and chemical substances used in this sector could be dangerous for both employees and clients. They also look at the health sector and discuss the efforts to eliminate formaldehyde exposure.
Speakers focus on the work conditions in foundries and marble shops and explain that prolonged unprotected exposure to silica dust can have serious health effects on workers’ respiratory systems. Finally, they present good practice examples of using protective measures against dangerous substances.
- Javier Pinilla García, Director, Instituto Nacional de Seguridad y Salud en el Trabajo (INSST)
- Jerónimo Maqueda Blasco, INSST
- Virginia Gálvez Pérez, CNNT-INSST
- Elvira Mera Reja, Manager, Elvira Hairdressing
- Esther Martí Barrios, Organic Evolutionary Coach
- Javier Madera García, Secretary, ASAMA
- Laura Serrano Boats, PRL Coordinator of the "Lozano Blesa”, University Clinical Hospital
- Pablo Escudero Elorza, Manager, FUMBARRI