Latvia – Digital teleworking in the age of Covid-19
Opplysninger om aktiviteten
The social distancing required as a result of Covid-19 has meant that teleworking is the new norm. However with this new way of working also comes new challenges in terms of managing occupational safety and health.
To better understand the effect of remote working and increased digitisation upon workers’ safety and health, the Latvian national focal point is organising an event to discuss key issues related to the subject. The focal point manager explains the work of EU-OSHA in this field, and a representative of the Ministry of Welfare introduces changes in legislation related to distanced working. Researchers also present the results of a recent survey entitled ‘Life with Covid-19’.
Representatives from trade unions explain activities taken place at European level and the event, which takes place in Riga, concludes with companies presenting their experience of digitalisation – including in new technologies such as digital OSH management, drones and robots.
- Linda Matisane, State Labour Inspectorate
- Egils Baldzēns, Free Trade Union Confederation of Latvia
- Māra Vīksne, Ministry of Welfare
- Linda Paegle, RSU Institute for Occupational Safety and Environmental Health
- Ziedonis Antapsons, Free Trade Union Confederation of Latvia
- Guntis Kalnietis, Zerorisk Ltd.
- Mārtiņš Šulte, Latvijas Mobilais Telefons Ltd.
- Marika Slaidiņa, Fortum Latvia Ltd.
- Katarīna Brence, Latvernergo JSC.
- Aivars Zambars Lūsis – Latvenergo JSC.