Low Value Negotiated Procedure: Study on the association between psychosocial risk factors and occurrence and prevention of MSDs in the context of home-based remote work (teleworking) post COVID-19 (EUOSHA/2020/NE/D/SE/0125)
Main services requested under the contract:
- Carry out a short review of main existing studies and literature on home-based remote work (“teleworking”) and its association with psychosocial risk factors at work and MSDs problems, especially in the aftermath of the COVID-19 crisis.
- Analysis of information provided by EU-OSHA National Focal Points (FOPs) within a consultation on national teleworking policies (pre and post COVID-19 crisis) and current debate which is managed by EU-OSHA.
- Fieldwork in at least 3 EU countries, chosen among those with a higher impact of COVID-19 and strict lockdown measures, to gather data (both from workers and employers) on changes in the way they work a few months after the end of the COVID-19 crisis and what are the areas requiring attention and policy intervention from an OSH point of view (with a focus in particular on psychosocial risks and MSDs).
- Analysis of the information collected with reference to any existing information collected by similar studies carried out before and/or during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Develop a comprehensive report (max 70 pages) based on the results of the research tasks that will include: an introduction to the topic; a summary of results from literature review; a description of the main policies and intervention strategies focusing on teleworking and its association with psychosocial risks and MSDs as reported by EU-OSHA FOPs; fieldwork’s findings analysis and discussion also with reference to literature review and FOPs consultation; conclusions and policy recommendations; an executive summary (max 10 pages).
The maximum available total value for the contract will be EUR 60,000 (excluding VAT).
Tenderers must comply with the following criteria:
In order to prove that they have the necessary technical and professional capacity to perform the contract, the tenderers should demonstrate:
- Relevant experience in carrying out research, including fieldwork research in the topic area as demonstrated by at least 3 relevant recent examples of projects, reports, articles or other scientific activity carried out in the last 5 years; at least 1 of these examples should be specific to teleworking;
- Relevant experience in drafting research reports and presentations as demonstrated by at least 3 relevant examples of projects, reports, articles or other scientific activity carried out in the last 5 years; at least 1 of these examples should be specific to teleworking.
Participation in this negotiated procedure for a low value contract will be open to natural and legal persons falling within the scope of the EU Treaties (this includes all economic operators registered in the European Union and all European Union citizens) and to all natural and legal persons in a third country which has a special agreement with the Union in the field of public procurement on the conditions laid down in that agreement.
Type of procedure
Low value negotiated procedure launched and managed by EU-OSHA. The Agency will sign the service contract directly with the successful tenderer(s) following this low-value procurement process.
If you would like to participate in this negotiated procedure, please register your interest via email to procurement-PRU@osha.europa.eu by no later than 11 September 2020 13:00 CET. Please include your contact details (name, organisation, address, country and e-mail) and make reference to the call EUOSHA/2020/NE/D/SE/0125. EU-OSHA will then contact those interested to inform them about the next steps in the tendering process.
Please note that registration of interest to participate in the above-mentioned procedures does not give rise to any legitimate expectations to be invited.