Middle Value Negotiated Procedure: Report on worker participation in the prevention of musculoskeletal risks in the workplace (EUOSHA/2020/NE/D/SE/0110)
Main services requested under the contract:
- Identify and present (length around 60-65 pages or 45,000-48,750 words):
- Examples of worker participation approaches and methods for MSD hazard spotting, risk assessment and solution development and implementation
- Examples illustrating the use in practice of worker participation in relation to MSD management in organisations
- Identify and draft five case studies of interventions in the workplace using worker participation to manage MSDs and providing an introduction and analysis (length each around 2-2.5 pages or 1,750-1,875 words, total length, 10 pages or 7,500 words
- Draft a summary of the principles, conditions and success factors for effective worker involvement in MSD management (length around 1500 words or 2 pages)
- Draft good practice tips and checklist for small businesses (length 2-3 pages or 1500-2,250 words)
- Produce a final report (maximum length 110,000 pages or 81,375 words) pages which includes:
- the items above
- an introduction
- discussion/conclusions which include policy pointers
- an executive summary (6 pages or 4,500 words)
- Provide a PowerPoint presentation containing the main findings of the report (maximum 18 slides).
- Provide a PowerPoint presentation of the cases (2 slides per case, and slides summarising the analysis)
The focus should be on worker participation methods and techniques applied to MSDs which are suitable for use by small businesses or could be adapted for their use.
The maximum available total value for the contract will be EUR 131,000 (excluding VAT).
Tenderers must comply with the following criteria:
In order to prove that they have the necessary technical and professional capacity to perform the contract, the tenderers should demonstrate:
- Relevant experience in research and particularly prevention practice on MSDs, including worker participation, including researching and presenting practical solutions from the workplace and report writing, as demonstrated by at least 3 relevant examples of projects, reports, articles or other scientific activity carried out in the last 5 years
- Relevant experience in researching, presenting and analysing case studies of MSD interventions, as demonstrated by at least 3 relevant examples of projects, reports, articles or other scientific activity carried out in the last 5 years
- Relevant experience in drafting information and guidance for a non-technical audience related to preventing and managing work-related MSDs, including worker participation, as demonstrated by at least 3 relevant examples of projects, reports, articles or other scientific activity carried out in the last 5 years
- Relevant language skills to cover a variety of countries
The team delivering the service should include as a minimum the following profiles:
- Senior researchers (minimum 1 researcher) with a minimum of 10 years of experience and expertise in the following areas:
- research and particularly prevention practice on MSDs, including worker participation
- researching and presenting practical solutions for the workplace prevention of MSDs, including worker participation
- drafting information and guidance for a non-technical audience related to preventing and managing work-related MSDs, including worker participation
- Other team members with at least 3 years adequate demonstrable expertise and experience in research and practice on MSDs, including worker participation, including relevant experience carried out in the last 5 years
- Adequate days assigned to senior researcher(s) to input into the work on a day-to-day basis.
- Project Manager – demonstrable experience of at least 3 years of management of similar contracts.
Participation in this negotiated procedure for a low value contract will be open to natural and legal persons falling within the scope of the EU Treaties (this includes all economic operators registered in the European Union and all European Union citizens) and to all natural and legal persons in a third country which has a special agreement with the Union in the field of public procurement on the conditions laid down in that agreement.
Type of procedure
Low value negotiated procedure launched and managed by EU-OSHA. The Agency will sign the service contract directly with the successful tenderer(s) following this low-value procurement process.
If you would like to participate in this negotiated procedure, please register your interest via email to procurement-PRU@osha.europa.eu by no later than 19 June 2020 13:00 CET. Please include your contact details (name, organisation, address, country and e-mail) and make reference to the call EUOSHA/2020/NE/D/SE/0110. EU-OSHA will then contact those interested to inform them about the next steps in the tendering process.
Please note that registration of interest to participate in the above-mentioned procedures does not give rise to any legitimate expectations to be invited.