Nano-Portal: Safe Handling of Nanomaterials
The Nano-Portal 'Safe Handling of Nanomaterials' is the result of a project supported by German Social Accident Insurance (DGUV) and aims to further the knowledge about occupational safety and health in the fields of nanomaterials and nanotechnologies. The portal focuses on:
- the awareness of experts in prevention and safe handling of nanomaterials
- the qualification of employees in laboratories and companies
- the presentation of practical protective measures and requirements for safe workplaces
- the description of nanomaterials and products and their possible effects on health
- the provision of basic information on risk assessment
- the provision of support and advice to employers and executives.
The portal provides basic information on nanomaterials (EN, DE), on preventive measures against nanomaterials (EN, DE). The portal is organized in the following modules called "Nanoramas": "Nanorama Laboratory", "Nanorama Production" (EN); and Nanoramas for the vehicle industry, constructions, textile sectors (DE). The portal also provides a collection of links and downloads.
Nanomaterials not specified