OSH NewsBack to OSH news
EU-OSHA is looking for an Executive Director
The Executive Director is the legal representative of EU-OSHA and is responsible for the overall management of the Agency following the strategic direction set by the Management Board.
We are looking for candidates with:
- Proven management skills, both at the strategic and operational levels;
- Excellent capacity to develop and implement a strategic vision, set objectives, and motivate and lead teams in a multicultural and multilingual environment;
- Proven decision-making skills, including the capacity to make decisions in a complex political environment and in emergency situations;
- Hands-on experience of budgetary, financial, and human resources management in a national, European, and/or international context;
- Very good knowledge of European and national policies in occupational safety and health;
- Ability to interact and negotiate at the highest level of management with the EU institutions and bodies as well as public authorities and social partners;
- Very good understanding of the EU institutions and how they operate and interact, as well as of EU administrative and financial procedures, EU policies and international activities of relevance to the activities of EU-OSHA;
- Ability to communicate efficiently and fluently to the stakeholders and the public in order to represent the Agency in international fora and to interact with stakeholders;
- Excellent written and oral communication and negotiation skills;
- Experience gained in a multicultural environment and the ability to adapt to evolving political priorities at the EU level would be assets.
These duties are fully described in the establishing Council Regulation (EC) No 2062/94 Article 11.
Find out the vacancy notice
Deadline for applications: 26/09/2022, at 12h00 noon Brussels time
Type of contract: Temporary agent (AD14)