European Sectoral Social partners’ contribution to the EU-OSHA 2018–19 Campaign “Healthy Workplaces Manage Dangerous Substances”
European Sectoral Social Partners, European Chemical Employers Group (ECEG) and industriAll European Trade Union (industriAll Europe) have jointly applied to be part of the EU-OSHA 2018-2019 Campaign.
In order to showcase our activities in 2018, we have decided to dedicate part of the social partners’ annual plenary meeting to the reporting and discussion of the concrete actions that we have undertaken throughout the year.
We will report on:
- May 2018 workshop on “Health and Safety at PVC Converters and Recyclers: Status Quo and launch of cooperation”on simplified safety data sheets and subsequent training of workers at companies; organized by VinylPlus in cooperation with the ECEG and industriAll Europe;
- June 2018, Formaldehyde value chain alliance in cooperation with Formacare and European Trade Union Confederation, ETUC;
- October 2018, a joint declaration on the legal framework to manage risks related to the use of reprotoxic substances at the workplace signed by the European Sectoral Social Partners, industriAll Europe, ECEG together with the European Chemical Industry Council, CEFIC and European Trade Union Confederation, ETUC.
The speakers on the above mentioned topics will include:
EU-OSHA campaign Healthy workplaces manage dangerous substances
- Brenda O’BRIEN, EU-OSHA- Brussels Office
Joint declaration on the legal framework to manage risks related to the use of reprotoxic substances at the workplace
- Steven VAN DE BROEK, Cefic
- Tony MUSU, ETUC
- Emma ARGUTYAN, ECEG
- Sylvain Lefebvre, industriAll Europe
Report of May VinylPlus-Workshop: Health and Safety at PVC Converters and Recyclers
- Maria Estela IZQUIERDO, EUPC
HACI, ECEG’s Greek member on safety data sheets
- Areti VOULOMENOU, HACI
European Network for Silica: Agreement on Workers’ Health Protection through the Good Handling and Use of Crystalline Silica and Products containing it
- Florence LUMEN, NEPSI secretary
Formaldehyde – Joint position
- Jonathan CROZIER, Formacare/Cefic
It is a privilege to be part of the EU-OSHA campaign and to contribute to ensuring healthy workplaces in the European chemical industry.