Hungary – Building a safe future for construction workers in Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg County
Practical solutions and action plans are needed to ensure that construction workers are protected from accidents and injuries, as well as from Covid-19.
The Hungarian national focal point is holding a conference to discuss the current labour safety challenges in Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg County, with a focus on the current Covid-19 situation in relation to the construction sector. Speakers look at the role of targeted inspections by the labour safety authority to ensure that the correct measures are being taken.
The conference brings together various occupational safety and health stakeholders to promote practical solutions and create and define a local action plan for labour protection issues. Over 150 participants are joining the conference online representing government offices and ministries, public institutions and private companies.
- Katalin Balogh, National Focal Point Manager
- Dr. Erika Szabó, Head of Unit at the Government Office of Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg County
- Ervin Miklós Nagy, Head of Department at the Government Office of Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg County
- István Mandrik, National Occupational Safety and Health Committee Representative of Employers
- István Román, Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg County Government Office representative
- Péter Nesztinger, Head of Labour Safety Department of the Finance Ministry
- Sándor Jenei, Labour Protection Officer at the Government Office of Szabolcs-Szatmár-Bereg County