Information provided on the basis of Articles 11 – 12 of Regulation (EC) 45/2001 of the European Parliament and Council of 18 December 2000 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions and bodies on the free movement of such data.
Identity of controller
The Head of Resource and Service Centre.
Purpose of processing
• To organise selection procedures to recruit different categories of staff, including trainees;
• To manage applications at the various stages of these selections; to manage and check the use of reserve lists.
Type of data processed
Candidates are free to give their data on a voluntary basis, although failure to reply will exclude them automatically from recruitment
• Personal data allowing the candidate to be identified, i.e. surname, first name, date of birth, gender;
• Information provided by the candidate to allow the practical organisation of pre-selection and other tests, i.e. address information: street, postcode, town, country, telephone, fax, e-mail;
• Information provided by the candidate to verify whether he/she fulfils the eligibility and selection criteria laid down in the vacancy notice, i.e. nationality, languages, education, employment record, military/civil service record;
• If applicable, results of the pre-selection or written/oral tests.
• Council Regulation (EC) No 2062/94 of 18/07/1994 establishing the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work;
• Staff Regulations of Officials (SR) and the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Communities (CEOS), in particular Art. 27-34 (SR) and Arts. 12-15 and 82-84 (CEOS);
• Decision of the Director of 21 July 2011 laying down the rules applicable to national experts (SNEs) and national experts on professional training (NEPTs) on secondment to the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work;
• Decision of the Director of the European Agency for Safety and Health at Work 0f 29 September 2010 on Traineeship.
Recipients of the data processed
• Human Resources Unit (staff in charge of recruitment);
• Members of the Selection Board (internal and external members);
• Appointing Authority (Director);
• For trainees: Heads of Unit that select a trainee or other staff who would work with the trainee;
• If appropriate, access will be given to the Internal Audit Service, the Court of Auditors, the European Ombudsman, the Civil Service Tribunal and the European Data Protection Supervisor;
• Should the applicant’s name be put on a reserve list and should a similar vacancy arise in another Unit, the Head of Unit to which the vacancy belongs can have access to the CV and results of the evaluation of the applicant.
Lawfulness of processing
• Processing is necessary for the performance of tasks carried out in the public interest on the basis of the Treaties establishing the European Communities (recruitment of personnel) and in particular Council Regulation (EC) No 2062/94, as well as Article 5(d) of the Regulation (EC) Nº 45/2001 of the European Parliament and the Council of 18 December 2000 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data by the Community institutions and bodies and on the free movement of such data.
The data subject’s rights
• Applications for positions as a temporary agent and contract agent, on the one hand, and trainee, on the other shall be submitted by email, respectively at recruitment at osha.europa.eu and trainee at osha.europa.eu. Candidates have the right to access, update or correct at any time their identification data. They can exercise their right by submitting a request by email at info-recruitment at osha.europa.eu. However, data demonstrating compliance with the eligibility and selection criteria may not be updated or corrected after the closing data for the respective selection procedure;
• Candidates have a right of access to their evaluation results, with the exception of comparative results of other applicants or of the opinions of individual members of the Selection Board.
Information on the conservation period of personal data
Temporary Agents (TAs), Contract Agents (CAs) and Seconded National Experts (SNEs):
- In the case of recruited candidates, their data are kept in the agent's personal file, in accordance with Article 26 of the Staff Regulation until 8 years after the extinction of his/her rights. Extracts of criminal records are returned to the selected candidates further to due assessment by a member of the HR section.
- In the case of non-recruited applicants, their data are eliminated 2 years after the date of closure of the selection procedure, provided that those are not necessary for budgetary discharge, control and audit purposes.
- In the case of not recruited applicants on the reserve list, their data are eliminated after the date of expiry of the reserve list (2 years maximum).
- In case of recruited trainees, their data are kept for 5 years after the traineeship budget is discharged in accordance to the Financial Regulation. Basic data (information on duration of traineeship, the department to which he/she was assigned, the name of the supervisor and the nature of work performed) is kept for up to 50 years for the purpose of providing a copy of the traineeship certificate. Extracts of criminal records are returned to the selected candidates further to due assessment by a member of the HR section.
- In case of pre-selected but not recruited trainees, their data are eliminated after the date of expiry of the reserve list (2 years maximum).
Request for information
For any further information regarding the handling of their personal data, candidates can address their request to EU-OSHA Data Protection Officer at: dpo at osha.europa.eu.
Candidates are entitled to lodge an appeal at any time with the European Data Protection Supervisor: https://www.edps.europa.eu.
Date when processing starts
Date of application.
Head of Resource and Service Centre
European Agency for Safety and Health at Work
Gran Via, 33
48009 Bilbao (Spain)
A member of the HR section shall fill in a form where he/she certifies having received a recent, valid criminal record, police record or certificate of good conduct, in original, from the data subject, which document shall be returned to the data subject after recruitment, whereas the form shall be included in the data subject’s file for administrative purposes in documentation thereof.