SEIRICH is an interactive tool for use by both experts and non-experts. The methodology used in SEIRICH is in line with a national agreement on the prevention of chemical risk, and it involves numerous partners. The methodology includes several steps implemented as functionalities:
- inventory of products and emitted substances;
- ranking of products and emitted substances according to their risk level;
- chemical risk assessment adapted to the user's degree of expertise;
- technical and legal advice adapted to the context;
- follow-up for prevention actions.
Once the inventory of chemicals has been completed, SEIRICH produces a list of the products that are to be treated, in order of priority, and a list of the products for which a substitution approach must be taken. This tool takes into account the changes required for the classification and labelling of substances and mixtures according to the CLP (classification, labelling and packaging) regulation.
For more information on SEIRICH, please see https://oshwiki.eu/wiki/SEIRICH:_a_tool_for_the_assessment_of_chemicals_in_occupational_environments.