Malta - Seminar on occupational risk assessment and management
Údaje o akci
This seminar discusses the Healthy Workplaces Manage Dangerous Substances campaign and aims to raise awareness of the principles of occupational health and safety (OSH).
Speakers discuss how hazardous substances can be found in several sectors, and stress that the exposure to these materials can pose serious risks to workers’ quality of life. They present successful ways to assess and manage substances like asbestos, silica and solvents to minimise work-related accidents and diseases.
Finally, speakers present the Regulation for Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) and reflect on the best ways to apply it at national level to ensure workers are protected and provided with information, guidance and training on the safe use of chemicals in the workplace.
- Melhino Mercieca, National Focal Point Manager, Occupational Health and Safety Authority
- Catriona Francica, Principal Officer, Occupational Health and Safety Authority
- Charles Micallef, Manager, Occupational Health and Safety Authority
- Clinton Cachia, Principal Officer, Occupational Health and Safety Authority
- Mark Rosso, Occupational Physician, Occupational Health and Safety Authority
- Ingrid Borg, Director, Regulatory Affairs, Malta Competition and Consumers Affairs Authority
- Violaine Roggeri, EU-OSHA