February 2011 posts
The Macedonian Occupational Safety and Health Association hosted the first International Conference on OSH Management Systems, with cooperation of the State Labor Inspectorate within the Ministry of Labor and Social Policy, in Struga on 8th and 9th February 2011.
Dresden was the venue for the 2nd Strategy Conference, "Five pillars on safety and health at work". This international conference took 5 themes and examined how strategies worked to address them. The five pillars were:
- Reducing work accidents and occupational diseases (vision zero)
- Raising awarness, developing competencies, and capacity building
- Cooperation between public health and occupational safety and health
- Health and safety as an integral part of lifestyle, and
- Integrating prevention into the social security system.